The Information we Collect.
How we collect and store information depends on your relationship with us (e.g., whether you visit the Site only, or whether use the Product and Services). Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
Information You Provide
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, organization, medical specialty, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, device model and serial number, and other information you enter, provide us, post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things (collectively, “User Information”), such as:
- Make a purchase;
- Provide registration information and/or create an account;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Provide us with feedback or reviews;
- Request certain features or information from us (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Download or use the App;
- Contact customer support;
- Apply for a job posting;
- Use our Product;
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking service; or
- Post user-generated content.
Examination Information. When you use the Product and our App, examination information (e.g., ultrasound images, cineloops, measurements, findings, annotations, statistics, examinations, calculations, impressions, indications) will be generated (“Examination Information”). Examination Information is stored initially in the App, and may be exported or securely uploaded to the Cloud Services at your option. To facilitate your use of our Sharing Feature (defined below), we designed our Services to store Examination Information separate from any associated user-identifiable information or Patient Information. Such de-identified Examination Information may be transmitted in unencrypted form.
Sharing Feature. If you choose to use Clarius’ Cloud Services, you will be able to store Patient Information and Examination Information on secure servers managed by Clarius. Examination Information may be stored with information from other examinations performed at your institution (if applicable). You may use our feature that allows you to post content (i.e., de-identified Examination Information) for comment by other registered users (“Sharing Feature”)**. If you use our Sharing Feature, we will store your image captions, date shared, tags, or any other information entered when sharing the Examination Information.
Commenting Feature. You may use our feature that allows users to post comments or contributions on content (i.e., Examination Information) shared by another registered user using the Sharing Feature (“Commenting Feature”)**. If you use our Commenting Feature, we will store the comments you provide, the date of comments and the username connected to the comments.
When you use the Services, there is some information that we collect automatically, as discussed in this section.
Usage and Analytics Information.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Product or Services. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Website Data. When you use our Site, we may collect and analyze information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile Device Data. When you access the Services via a mobile device, we may collect information such as geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple devices like the iPhone, and iPad) and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), such as operating system, version, and time spent in different parts of our App and other apps on your phone.
- Product Usage Data. We collect certain analytics information about your use of the Product and App (such as models, types or settings of the Products used, workflows used, indications selected, log files, buttons pressed, boot logs, temperature information, usage statistics, or support requests and results). We collect and use most of this information solely in anonymous and aggregate form, but maintain log files in identifiable form for a period of time for troubleshooting and other purposes. This information helps us improve our Product and Services, troubleshoot bugs, and analyze device errors.
When you install the App, you will be asked to grant access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to help ensure security of the Product by not allowing use outside a predefined geographical area). If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies.
Information from Third-Parties.
To help us make emails more relevant to you, we (may) receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Clarius if your computer supports such capabilities.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data.
How we Use the Information we Collect.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
- Provide you with the Product and Services you have purchased or requested and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Notify you about new features of the Product or Services, special events, and send you newsletters;
- Administer sweepstakes and contests;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Product and/or Services usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Products and/or Services (for example, we may monitor and analyze traffic and usage of our Site and App);
- Provide you with support and improve the content and features of the Product or Services, or develop new products or services;
- Personalize the content and marketing that you see on the Services;
- If you have provided us permission, send you marketing communications (e.g., via mail, e-mail, text message, telephone, push notifications, or other means to which you have agreed) about Clarius products, software updates, and third-party products, software, and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, you may choose to opt-out pursuant to the instructions in Section 7 below;
- Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Product and Services; and
- Administer and troubleshoot the Product and/or Services.
Information sharing and disclosure.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may share the collected information with our service providers who use the collected information on our behalf to assist in business activities such as delivering certain features or services, order fulfillment, payment processing, marketing, and other similar services. For example, a company such as FedEx may ship parcels on our behalf and we may provide them with your User Information. These companies may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but they are only provided the limited amount of information required to perform their service. When engaging these parties, we require them to safeguard personal information using strict security and privacy protections, in accordance with the law.
- Contests or Sweepstakes: When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest marketers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those marketers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- Prevent Illegal Activities: We may disclose your information when we believe it appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms and Conditions for the Product or Services you accessed, to establish or exercise our legal rights, and/or to defend against legal claims protect our rights and property.
- Merger or Acquisition: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, the collected information may be among the transferred assets.
- App Vendor: We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (e.g., Apple iTunes Store) to allow you to download our App.
- When we otherwise have your permission.
Online Analytics and Tailored Marketing.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Tailored Online Marketing.
When using the App, you may also receive tailored in-application marketing content. Each operating system, iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application marketing content. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application marketing. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
Information Access and Retention.
You may email us to correct or change any collected information by using the contact information below in Section 11.
For registered users, we will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services or any information you have requested. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, contact us using the information below. However, if you cancel your account, you will no longer be able to use the Product or certain Services. After you cancel your account, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we Protect Information.
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures: to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and, to use correctly the information we collect through the Services. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Third Party and Marketing Content.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
Where Information is Stored.
We are committed to protecting the online privacy of children. Our Product and Services are intended for individuals who are trained and certified to use the Product, and not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, children under 13 years of age are not permitted to provide any personal information to us and any users of our Product and Services are to ensure that any information of a minor (including any Patient Information and/or Examination Information) is only be provided to us with parental consent. Please email us at the contact information noted below if you believe we may have collected information from your child without proper consent and we will work to delete it.
How to Contact Us.
Changes to this Policy.
** CLARIUS’ SHARING FEATURE AND COMMENTING FEATURE ARE TO BE USED SOLELY TO OBTAIN FEEDBACK, FOR EDUCATION AND FOR DISCUSSION. NEITHER THE USER SHARING THE CONTENT NOR THE USER COMMENTING ON THE CONTENT ARE INTENDING TO OR ARE PROVIDING MEDICAL SERVICES BY USING THESE FEATURES. ANY DIAGNOSTIC SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE SOLELY MADE FOR THE PURPOSES OF REQUESTING FEEDBACK, EDUCATION, AND DISCUSSION. CLARIUS AND USERS OF THESE FEATURES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIAGNOSTIC SUGGESTIONS, CONTENT SHARED OR ANY COMMENTS MADE USING THE SHARING FEATURE OR THE COMMENTING FEATURE. FOR ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS, SEE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated September 2016